Sourced From Sustainable Forests
Our Normandy shutters are manufactured from the hardwood of the Kiri tree, one of the most sustainable and fastest growing tree species.
- Has one of the highest strength to weight ratios.
- Is free of volatile oils and low in resin, improving its fire-retardant properties compared to other timbers.
- Is naturally resistant to rotting, decay and borer beetles.
- Is an excellent insulator.
Quality In The Making
Manufactured and installed to best practice European and American quality standards.
- Overlapping rabbet stiles for improved light block-out and privacy.
- Reinforced engineered stiles with laminated timber core for high level of durability and structural integrity.
- Mortise and tenon joints to withstand shear stress and twisting forces.
- Quarter sawn louvres give a tighter grain and higher dimensional stability to resist cupping, twisting and warping.
- Superior finishes include multiple hand-sanding and finishing sequences for a richer, more lustrous result.
- Our prescribed conditioning dries the wood to emulate the environmental conditions of the shutter location. This reduces post-installation shrinking and swelling.s
- Special shaped shutters for angled and curved openings
- 3 louvre sizes – 63, 89 and 114mm
- 3 tilt rod options – traditional, off-set and secret tilt
- Widest range of frame choices on the market
- A standard palette of 68 natural and solid colours or stains
- Custom colours available